If the cast in one piece reinforced concrete completely protects your pool of microcracks, it does not exempt you from maintaining it regularly in order to enjoy it and keep up an optimal quality of bathing. Leader Pool, your pool builder in Grasse near Nice in France tells you how to make it simple !
If you are the proud owner of a pool, it is normal that you want to make the most of it ! With a little care, you can maintain the cleanliness and quality of your pool. Here are the six things that should not miss.
The winter is a time that requires a little preparation and some care for not having unpleasant surprises when sunny days come back. There are two ways to winter your reinforced concrete pool : completely stop water from filtering or run your pool to a minimum. In cold regions, the first option would option would rather be chosen whereas in South of France the best choice is to filter water 2 hours per day, which better keeps the quality of the water.
The shock treatment is done after the rainy season, before reusing your reinforced concrete pool. It is particurlarly important in case of passive wintering. The type of shock treatment depends on the treatment of selected water (salt, chlorine, bromine, etc.). If your water turns green, it will kill bacteria and disinfect your water.
PH testing strips or tubes allow you to check if your pool has the right pH, which should be about 7. According to the hardness of your water, you need to adjust the pH upward or downward. Your pool maker should be able to advise you on the right operation to perform.
It is necessary to clean your pool regurlarly in order to prevent the accumulation of dirts that could affect the water filtration and make the water unhealthy. The best equipment to use is a robot that will go clean the bottom of your pool and a scoop to pick dirts to the surface.
The water treatment
There are many ways to treat the water of your cast in one piece pool :
- Active oxygen
If chlorine is still widely used because of its effectiveness, salt and active oxygen can avoid its strong smell and are not allergenic.